REVIEW: SKINS K-Proprium Range – “This Product is Not for Everyone”
By Sam Squiers
The cover of the box these tights arrive in says it all “This Product Is Not For Everyone”.
Innovation is the foundation on which SKINS was formed and the K-Propriums keep that theme alive, changing the way you think about compression wear.
HOW IS K-PROPRIUM DIFFERENT:
From the moment you put these on you’ll feel the difference, the compression is more widespread across your legs, ankles, butt and back. There is specific compression for the knees and it’s more consistent. What does this mean? It means you’re getting increased blood flow to more muscles across your legs, ankles and back, the increased blood flow means you’re able to recover more efficiently and faster than before. Sore after a workout? You’ll be back in a sweat, positing PBs faster than ever before.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
There are strategically place Laminar bands across the compression pants which mimic Kinesiology Taping strategies. This is like a physiotherapy in activewear. The bands are embedded into the tights and follow the muscles throughout your exercises, enabling you to maintain movement and decrease the risk of injury.
WHERE CAN I GET THEM?
There are just 10,000 of these tights being made, meaning they’ll be in high demand – they are being released by SKINS in Australia from Feb 1. You can find them here.
SKINS market their tights as “Equipment” not “clothing” and therefore there are some practical attributes which I like in my activewear that are missing. Notably pockets, as a keen runner, I’m always keen to have pockets to house my house keys and also my energy goos and even phone. But unfortunately you just have to rely on the compression to keep your legs running, rather than the Gu.
TIPS TO GET THE MOST OUT OF COMPRESSION WEAR?
Read our full article HERE
- Wear these post-exercise, as soon as you finish whack them on and keep on
- Wear them to bed, increase the recovery benefits while you’re sleeping. (nb. SKINS RY400s have the best recovery benefits of the range, K-Pros specifically made for compression benefits while exercising)
- Don’t scrunch up the tights to get them over your legs like you would socks or stockings
- Make sure they fit properly – the tighter the better, but make sure you don’t cut off circulation
- Wash them carefully – in an underwear bag so they don’t stretch!